Dear Residents of House District 50,
I am Arthur “Skip” Carlson; Republican candidate for Colorado House District 50.
A fourth generation Weld County resident, I was raised on a farm where I learned the value of hard work, reward, and ability to succeed. My wife, Ida and I are the parents of five children and six grandchildren. Most of them live in the Greeley area.
I graduated from what is now the University of Northern Colorado with a teaching degree. I taught and continued in the education field by becoming a 4-H Agent. Four years later, was promoted to Foundation Director the State 4-H office at Colorado State University.
I own a Farmers Insurance Agency in Greeley. I understand all of the frustrations and rewards one goes through. I have proudly developed a reputation for limited government, lower taxes, private property rights, constitution, better education for all and fighting for everyone’s rights.
After that time I have spent my life in agricultural and insurance. I have been a strong advocate for agriculture and its value to Greeley. I have worked diligently for small businesses and the education of our children.
I have had a strong interest in government all my adult life. I have been a precinct committeeman, a delegate to several state and district conventions. I have also helped with several successful campaigns.
When my ancestors arrived in Colorado there was a great deal of work to do in order for a state this great to emerge. They did so utilizing abundant natural resources available. It is our responsibility to maintain and protect those resources and use them wisely making them available to future generations.
I love this area and its outstanding citizens. I feel it is my responsibility to hand down to future citizens the best state possible. Therefore, I am seeking the position Representative for House District 50.
God Bless America,
• Ten year 4-H member.
• 4-H exchange member to Tennessee.
• Torchbearer Award Rocky Mountain Farmers Union.
• First Director of Colorado 4-H Foundation.
• Member of Montrose Arts Council.
• Leader in introducing Natural Beef to the area.
• Member of Policyholders Advisory Council of the Division of the Colorado State Compensation Insurance Fund.
• Member of the Colorado Commission on Children and Youth.
• Board member of Sunday Nights in Greeley.
• Board member of Kersey Cowboy Church.
• Active in area Cowboy Churches.
• Greeter for the Greeley Independence Stampede.
• Past member of Greeley Exchange Club and Greeley Toastmasters.
• Present member of Greeley Kiwanis Club.
• Board member for Zac’s Legacy Foundation.
• Very active in many committees regarding K-12 education.
• Active helping groups raise funds for children, social issues and education.